31 July 2017

A sympathy card in pale blue and white ....


Even though they are sad to make, I just think of the recipient when they open the box to see the card and hope it gives them a little pleasure.  This is for a friend who lost her Father suddenly, even though he had been poorly and had lived to a good old age.

I embossed the background and matted it onto pale blue card.  I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it on matching blue card, then die cut the oval shape.
 
 

I diecut some Magnolia flowers using some Galeria paper, shaped them using a flower ball tool and used my hot glue gun to fix pieces of white stamens to the back of a sparkly 8mm s/a gem and placed it in the centre of the paper flower.

The leaves were diecut from white card and I added sprigs of blue/pink fabric forget me not flowers and 20mm blue mulberry paper open roses.  A piece of ivory hemp twine wrapped around my fingers, tied with a stalk cut off one of the roses and a bow made from 25mm pale blue satin edge sheer were both hot glued under the big paper flower.
 

At the top of the oval shape I added 3 die cut Magnolia flowers, shaped the leaves and added 3mm sparkly aurea borealis s/a gems to the centre of each.  A few diecut white paper leaves completed the card.


Thanks for looking, and see you soon
Mary xx

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's a beautiful card Mary, I love those paper flowers! x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Mary this is beautiful. Never thought of doing one in this colour but I love it and the flowers are gorgeous